St. Joseph Police Department
Alcohol Education and Enforcement
NEW Server License
Due to the Coronavirus epidemic the City of St. Joseph has been working on changing the mandatory server training from “in-person” classes to an online version to reduce the amount of person to person contact. The online version of training is currently awaiting Council approval and we anticipate having the course available June 30, 2020. We are currently not enforcing the server license ordinance due to the cancellation of recent classes but will resume enforcement of the ordinance starting August 15, 2020.
Every person that sells or serves alcoholic beverages in the City of St. Joseph is required to have a “server license”. The proposed requirements are:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must obtain the server license within 30 days of employment.
- To obtain the server license the applicant must:
- Complete the online training program.
- Pay the license fee of $15.
- Pass the training course exam.
- Upon completion, the applicant will have the opportunity to print a certificate. Your certificate of completion will serve as proof until you receive your three-year license in the mail.
- For those needing a receipt for the server license so you can be reimbursed by your employer, you can print a receipt at the end of the process.
- This process also applies to any individual needing a certificate of completion for court purposes.
- Just like a driver's license, you are responsible for keeping the license current and in your possession when selling or serving alcohol.
Anyone that desires to do the online training program can do so for free, but you will not be able to take the test or obtain a certificate of completion without paying the $15 license fee.
Server License RENEWALS - click here